UIL Band Competition:
– All 3 High Schools received First Division ratings at Region in both Concert and Sight Reading.
– All 5 Middle School Bands received First Division ratings at Region in Concert and 4 out of 5 Middle Schools in Sight Reading.
– 2014-15 was a 6A State Contest year. McKinney Boyd advanced to the UIL Area Round in Marching Band.
UIL One Act Play:
– All 3 High Schools had All-Star Cast award winners. Additional awards included 1 Best Actress, 1 Outstanding Crew, 1 Outstanding Technician and 4 Honorable Mentions. North advanced to Bi-District and took home 3 awards.
– The Middle Schools received 1 Best Actor Award, 4 All-Star Casts, 6 All-Star Cast Honorable Mentions, 3 Outstanding Technicians, 1 Best Technical Crew, 1st and 3rd Place in One-Act and a 2nd Place Overall.
TMEA All-Region Middle School Band, Choir, Orchestra:
– 56 Middle School Band students made the Region 25 All-Region Band.
– 36 Middle School Choir students made the Region 25 All-Region Choir.
– 11 Middle School Orchestra students made the Region 25 All-Region Orchestra.
TMEA All-Region High School Band, Choir, Orchestra:
– 83 High School Band students made the Region 25 All-Region Band.
– 54 high school choir students made the Region 25 All-Region Choir.
– 10 high school orchestra students made the Region 25 All-Region Orchestra.
TMEA Area C Competition (HS only)
– 27 band students advanced to Area.
– 15 choir students advanced to Area.
– 6 orchestra students advanced to Area.
TMEA All-State Musicians
– 11 All-State Band students.
– 7 All-State Choir students.
– 3 All-State Orchestra students.
– 21 All-State musicians from MISD – a new record!
Texas VASE Art Competition
– 201 high school art students participated in VASE.
– 5 high school art students advanced to State VASE
– High School Band awards include Superior Division ratings at Peak Music Festival, Alamo Showcase of Music, Big “D” Classic, South Coast Music Festival. Numerous scholarship winners.
– High School Theatre awards include numerous awards at the Texas State Thespian Festival, DSM High School Music Theatre Awards, and the International Thespian Festival.
– McKinney Boyd High School Orchestra was invited to perform at the world famous Midwest Music Clinic in Chicago in December.
– McKinney High Honors Band placed 9th in the State TMEA Recording Contest.
– McKinney North Honors Band placed 13th in the State TMEA Recording Contest.
– McKinney Boyd wins 3 awards at the Scholastic Art and Writing Competition.
– McKinney High Art student wins a national award from The VSA Yo Soy Art Award for children with disabilities.
– McKinney High Choir celebrated 100 years with a very special performance including alumni of MHS.
– McKinney Boyd Bailadoras win 3 National Grand Champion Titles at the 2015 Showtime International Competition in Galveston.
– McKinney High Marquettes take home 3 awards from Nationals. Performed for the United Way at AT&T Stadium. Celebrate their 50th Anniversary with a special performance honoring MHS alumni and community.
– McKinney Northstars take home top awards at both the Haltom City and Grapevine DFW Regional Contests.
– McKinney Boyd Cheerleaders take home top awards at the Universal Cheerleaders Association Cheer Camp. 8 chosen as All-American Cheerleaders.
– Faubian Middle School Band was runner-up in the TMEA CC Honor Band Competition.
– Faubian Middle School Full Orchestra was voted the TMEA Best in Texas. The orchestra performed for the 2015 TMEA Conference in San Antonio and received a Mark of Excellence Award.
– Cockrill Middle School Band placed in the TMEA Recording Contest. The band also won a Nation Merit Support Music Award from the NAMM Foundation.
– Dowell Middle School art students took part in the International Art Exchange Program with 35 students from the Children’s Art School in Kumertau, Russia.
– Eddins Elementary School Choir earned top State honor from TMEA. The choir performed for the 2015 TMEA Conference in San Antonio.
– Select McKinney ISD Elementary Choir students were invited to participate in the city wide Choral Celebration, a one night performance to feature the top singers in the district at the elementary level.
– Elementary Art students participate in a Rotating Art Show eve5ry fall, with top pieces chosen to hang in the halls at the MISD District office. Students also celebrate Youth Art Month with an art contest, followed by an art show featuring the top art pieces in the district. The art is on display at the MISD District office in the spring.
All the MISD school arts programs give back to their communities by participating in charity events and volunteering their time in our community. Many groups host food and clothing donations and give of their time with tutoring, mentoring and community service projects.